Friday, December 14, 2012

Glittery Eyes and Red Lips

Hello Lovely Readers!

Here's the makeup I wore to this year's Marine Corps Birthday Ball.  I normally just wear neutral makeup so I thought I'd change it up this time.  I donned a dark navy dress so I wasn't worried about it clashing with bright makeup.  I don't have a lot of pictures since I forgot my camera :( but I do have a couple that I took whilst getting ready!

This was my first time wearing glitter!
Lots of freckles!

I'm not wearing any face products yet as I didn't want the glitter fallout to ruin it afterwards. 

Here's a closeup of the eyes:
Yay glitter and false lashes!
This was also my first time wearing false lashes!

In case you're interested, here is what I did to achieve this glittery awesomeness:

Applied primer and eyeshadow as I normally would:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
theBalm Nude 'Tude - Sassy (highlight brow bone and inner corner), Sultry (crease)
Urban Decay Tainted and Junkshow (lid)
Anastasia brow powder duo in brunette 

For the glitter portion I used:
NYX glitter in pink (I really wanted a translucent glitter, but worked with what I had!)
Silk Naturals Stick 'Em Eyeshadow Enhancer
NYX Liquid Crystal Liner in Crystal Hip

I don't own a glitter adhesive, but the Stick 'Em worked really well! No fallout or creasing after application!  All I did was dip a synthetic concealer type brush in the puddle of Stick 'Em I had on a palette, then picked up the glitter from a small portion I had also put on the palette. I then dabbed a very small amount of Stick 'Em to the lids and pressed the glitter on top. For the inner corners of my eyes, I used the NYX Crystal liner.

Then lined and added false lashes:
Wet n' Wild cream liner in black
Ardell lashes...I threw away the packaging so I don't know the number...

Lips:
MAC Runaway Red
Youngblood Kranberry
MAC Brick lip pencil

Face:
Makeup For Ever HD Foundation in 115
Youngblood Mineral Rice Setting Powder

I didn't wear any blush since my natural pinkness still showed a bit.  I also knew that I would be drinking which inevitably leads to a "rosy glow" for me. By rosy glow I mean bright red hehe.


2 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous party look, I love what you did with your lashes, vavavoom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! They were surprisingly comfortable to wear!

      Delete

Howdy! I'd love to "hear" from you!