Thursday, April 12, 2012

"All About Liner" April FOTD Challenge

Back when I first started reading beauty blogs, it took me longer than I care to admit to figure out what the heck FOTD stood for.  Same for EOTD, NOTD, CKPOTD (cute kitty picture of the day!), etc.  Okay so I made up the last one.  Anyhoo, here's my take on a liner look.  Not the most imaginative, but hey, I gotta go to work and class all day so high maintenance makeup is out of the question. (btw click here for I Am Nymphette's Calendar!)  Sorry if my grammar and spelling are atrocious; it's late and my brain goes on strike after work.


awkward picture, but it shows the makeup better! (even more awkward before I cropped it haha)


I normally have a cheesey smile for every photo, so this looks weird to me...

not wearing lip balm or gloss in this one eep!
Why is it so hard to take accurate photographs of makeup looks???  Maybe I'm just doing it wrong; I don't know.  Maybe this is why all of the photographs in magazines are photoshopped?!  Okay, this is one of my pet peeves:  Why do all of the mascara ads look so RIDICULOUS?  They are sooooo obviously manipulated and utterly fake. WTF.  Do they really expect us to believe this #$%?  It's an insult.  Alrighty, I'm done ranting for now...

This "look" is pretty much my daily makeup, except for the dash of teal liner of course!   I also played around with some shadows I haven't had a chance to use yet, just to see what they looked like.  Perhaps it's because I don't have the color tattoo e/s in teal, but the emerald looks teal to me.  Anyhoo, I'm not very good at doing dramatic eye makeup (It never turns out symmetric!), but I absolutely love using neutral colors in differing finishes for a subtle "my face but better" look

So here's what I used....

Eyes:
MAC Painterly Paint Pot (all over, even a bit as concealer and lower water line)
Youngblood Pressed E/S in Doe (very light satin pink~all over lid up to brow),
Alabaster (slightly darker than my skin tone~"pre-crease" blending color),
and Pink Diamond (shimmery pinky champagne highlight for inner third of lid)
Youngblood Crushed Mineral E/S in Cashmere (gorgeous taupey brown shimmer! used in outer third and crease)
and Morganite (pale peachy pink blended all over lid)
MAC Added Goodness Fluidline (I use this everyday on top lid and tightlined)
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Edgy Emerald (on lower lid and waterline)
Urban Decay e/s in Deep End (to set the lower lashline/waterline)
MAC Pigment in Naked (to diffuse the harsh edge of the lower liner)
Some unnamed dark brown Tarte e/s for my brows
Maybelline Full N Soft Mascara (black)

Lips:
Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm (Favorite lip balm ever.)
Youngblood lip gloss in Guava (practically transparent, but adds just a hint of red)

 Blush:
Youngblood Pressed Blush in Bashful (very subtle light rosy pink, but that's why I like it)

P.S.
I just realized I used a ridiculous amount of shades to create this simple looking eye....not sure how I feel about that.  I guess that's what happens when I "wing it", but then again I hardly ever plan out what I'm going to use.  I wonder if that's normal?  Eh, normal's overrated. 

P.P.S. 
I don't know if paint pots or color tattoo e/s are safe for use on the waterline, but I did it anyway 'cause I'm stubborn.  It lasted all day with only minor fading!

4 comments:

  1. perfect idea for color liner on down side:) sorry for my english:)

    www.mysweetstrawberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Evie! Don't be sorry, English has too many rules! And I wouldn't even know where to begin in Slovak haha. To je to, čo sa stane, keď môžem použiť službu Google Translate. Má to zmysel? :)

      Delete
  2. this is a really beautiful look, so soft and spring-like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it :D

      Delete

Howdy! I'd love to "hear" from you!